Providing professional advice and a powerful defense to individuals and families in Athens, Georgia
Athens Law Firm Stephens & Brown. Defense attorneys Kim T. Stephens and Michael S. Brown represent individuals with criminal, DUI, and family law cases, including divorce, in Athens and throughout the state of Georgia. Attorneys Stephens and Brown have extensive experience representing clients in front of judges in federal, state and local courts. Criminal cases and family disputes can have a profound effect on your personal, professional and financial well-being, so it’s important to seek the help of a law firm that knows how to fight for the justice you deserve.
Representation for your unique needs
When you come to the law office of Kim T. Stephens and Michael S. Brown, you receive the benefit of the firm’s:
- Experienced counsel: Athens defense attorneys Stephens and Brown have more than 40 years of combined experience practicing law. This gives them the necessary knowledge to understand the nuances of your case and get the best possible results.
- Defense philosophy: The backbone of any defense strategy is evidence. Stephens and Brown investigate the circumstances pertaining to your case, pouring over every detail, to seek the best possible outcome for you.
- Focused services: No two cases are alike, and that is why Stephens and Brown pay attention to the unique needs and circumstances of each client. This allows for defensive strategies that work specifically for you.
Handling a range of cases
Whether your case can be handled through negotiation or litigation, attorneys Stephens and Brown take pride in tailoring their strategies to the specific needs of everyone who comes to them for legal assistance. The firm takes on cases involving:
- Criminal defense: Athens criminal defense lawyer Kim T. Stephens is a veteran criminal defense attorney with extensive experience representing clients in local, state and federal courts. He provides powerful defense services to clients charged with a range of misdemeanor and felony crimes, including assault, robbery, fraud, theft, embezzlement, drug offenses, domestic violence, sex crimes, and murder.
- DUI defense: A DUI conviction can cost you thousands of dollars in fines, higher insurance rates and the suspension of your license for at least six months. Athens DUI lawyers Kim T. Stephens and Michael S. Brown know the personal and professional risks associated with DUIs, and they can fight on your behalf to get the charges against you reduced or thrown out altogether.
- Family law: This is a broad area of the law that includes divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support and protective orders. In addition to assisting clients with their original cases, family law attorney Brown also represents clients who need to modify existing family law agreements, such as support amounts and custody provisions.
- High-asset divorce: Attorney Brown is also ready to help clients with divorce cases involving expensive assets and properties, and large amounts of money. These high-asset divorce cases are often more complicated and require a thorough examination of the financial records on both sides. Family law attorney Brown always seeks to make sure that any agreement reached works in the best interest of his client.
Contact an accomplished team of attorneys in Athens, GA today
If you need help from a trusted attorney for your criminal defense or family law case, call the office of Kim T. Stephens and Michael S. Brown at 706-548-3933 or contact them online to schedule a free consultation.